Task comments & file attachments
Comment on a task in a project to provide extra information, offer insight or start a conversation related to the specific task. Anyone with access to this project will see the task's comments.
Within a comment you can: Attach a file, mention other users and reply other comments.
Add a comment
- Click into the comment field, type a comment, and click the green "Add" button.
Edit a comment
- Click on the arrow icon on the right side of the comment and then select "Edit". Edit the comment the way you wish and click the "Save" button.
Delete a comment
- Click on the arrow icon on the right side of the comment and then select "Delete". Deleting a comment is permanent.
Reply to a comment
- You can reply to a comment by clicking on the "Reply" action below the comment and the owner of the comment will be notified.
Mention a member into a comment
- You can mention a member into a comment by typing @username e.g. @John. The member will be notified.
Files are accompanied with a comment that describes or explains anything related to them.
Adding an attachment
- You can upload files into a task by clicking on the paperclip icon which is located into the Add Task's field or into the Comment's field.
- Select your files and click the "Add" button.
- Alternatively, you can drag your files from your computer and drop them into the right Task or into any field (e.g. comment).
Deleting an attachment
In case you want to delete a specific file, you have to:
- Click on the arrow icon on the right side of the specific comment with the attached file and then select "Edit".
- You can now see that files have a trash bin icon on them. Click on the file you want to delete and then click "Save". Deleting a file attachment is permanent.
If you want to delete both a comment with every attached file:
- Click on the arrow icon on the right side of the comment and then select "Delete".
You can upload unlimited files but there is a limit for each file.
File attachment size
Please note that you can upload unlimited files but there is a limit for each individual file.
- You can upload files up to 10MB per file.
- You can upload large files up to 200MB per file.